In addition to entertainment, applications allow the user to be more productive, communicate, train, interact with other people instantly, or even educate themselves.
The mobile applications market is constantly growing and has been consolidated, among other things, due to the progress and productivity that they imply in terms of performance, security and computing power of the devices. Likewise, the cost of communication infrastructure is decreasing and secure, in addition, development platforms such as Android (Google), Windows Phone (Microsoft), Apple (IOS), and responsive technologies are increasingly resistant and safe.
However, the high level of use and acceptance by users has made apps a juicy target for attackers. Cybercriminals have created applications that can infect phones and mobile devices with malicious programs. If the phone sends emails or text messages that the user did not type, or installs applications that they did not download, it could be signs that it has a malicious program installed, “said Dean Coclin, Senior Director of Business Development at DigiCert.
According to Coclin, certain points must be taken into account when consolidating the adoption of the use of mobile applications. “There are a number of characteristics that must be taken into account in its design. Among the main ones you can find the diagram of the life cycle of the mobile application; that is, define an initial version that contains a set of functionalities that allows learning from user experiences. The next step is to deploy in terms of the use and innovation of new business and technology requirements from both mobile device manufacturers and development platforms. Without a doubt, there are security risks when developing apps especially for Android, since nowadays, this is one of the most attacked and vulnerable operating systems”, he explained.
Here are some tips to prevent security scams when creating an app:
- Correctly implement authorization, authentication and session management
- Maintain security with the backend
- Integration of secure data with other services and applications
- Identify and protect sensitive data
- Implement controls to prevent unauthorized access to payment resources
- Pay specific attention to the collection and use of user information
- Ensure the safe distribution and provision of mobile applications
- Carefully review any running error codes
- Safely manage user credentials
- Ensure that sensitive data is protected when transmitting it
Also, we advise you that, it is essential to clean the application store every so often and eliminate malicious applications or malware. The objective is to remove those apps that may pose a threat or danger to the privacy of the user and the security of the mobile device.